Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Ok, Universe, I'm Listening.

The Curse of Cathy strikes back. Apparently it was going too well. There was positivity, four days of a job I was enjoying, a nice home and a general air of optimism, well for me anyway.

Yesterday, I misjudged some stairs and have torn the ligament in my OTHER foot. That's right, you're casting your mind back to last summer when I tore the plantar fascia in my, right foot, aren't you? This time, just 8 months later, I've completely detached the plantar fascia from my heel in my left foot. I'm just so damn annoyed. We really have experienced a disproportionate amount of bad luck. I hate saying that because there are people with way worse problems and challenges, but the relentless assault of accident, injury and mishap is wearing. I'm sick of the sound of my own voice complaining.

As usual there's no time for moping because my inability to work again at the moment means no income for the time being. And I am sure you are sick of me publicizing my money troubles, but this time it's different, this time there's an air of finality hanging over us. There's no more credit or loans available to us, we have a week to make a plan, if not, we will have to list the property. There is no other option this time.

I'm usually a black and white kind of gal. Things are clear and concise in my world, I don't buy into the suggestion of outside influences and believe we make our own fate. But are we meant to be here? Is this constant assault a sign? Well, Universe, I may be listening now but you should know I'm angry. We've talked about leaving this place on more than one occasion, but it was always going to be our choice, and in the end, we always stayed and fought. I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. Give me a minute to catch my breath and a pair of crutches and I'm coming back at ya, fate. A week. That's all, that's what I have to create some kind of solution or opportunity.

In the meantime, if anyone reading this has a rich friend who can come and airlift us all out of here and drop us on a warm, secluded island somewhere, now is the time to call them. If not, then wish us luck, I'm coming out swinging or I'm going down!

No comments:

Post a Comment